Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work.
Check us out at earnestresearch.com!
DATA ANALYST SUMMER INTERN
The Data Analyst team at Earnest is passionate about working with large datasets and has a strong interest in technology and consumer trends. As a Data Analyst Summer Intern, you will be immersed in a fast-paced environment, with an opportunity to learn the core skills of a Data Analyst throughout the 8-week internship program. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. Formal external and internal training will be provided as part of the internship program on a variety of topics including, but not limited to financial statement analysis, excel best practices, Tableau software, and SQL programming.
- Create data libraries to structure billions of rows of data
- Create and maintain product features that enable clients to interact with structured data
- Research company information and consumer trends to identify population metrics for backtests
- Seek out areas for operational improvement and take initiative to address them
- Interns will have the opportunity to create and present a final data project to senior members of our product teams.
- Must be on track to receive a Bachelor’s degree in December 2021 or Spring 2022
- Authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
- Exceptional analytical skills and willingness to learn Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Hard working, ethical, and thoughtful team player
- Familiarity with Tableau software is a plus, but not required
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise exceptional judgment