Global Research Intern: Emerging Market & Data Management Focus
This position provides research and data management support to the Portfolio Management and Research Team in the Global Income Department. The intern will report to the Director of Country Research. Responsibilities will entail working closely with Portfolio Managers, Analysts, and Research Associates to gather data and create research reports. Research is focused on macroeconomic and political analysis of developing economies for formulation of investment ideas. The Global Income Department manages $18 billion and invests in both cash and derivative instruments, often in emerging and frontier markets.
· Support efforts of Portfolio Manager, Analysts, and Research Associates through data gathering, data analysis, data presentation, and news monitoring.
· Develop and edit data visualizations in Tableau of macroeconomic data and research reports
· Monitor various news sources for specific countries and regions as needed.
· Assist with other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Enrollment in a four year undergraduate institution working towards a Bachelor’s degree in 2022 or 2023. Strong academic record (including GPA and SAT). Please submit academic transcript and SAT scores with application
· Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in economics and/or politics
· Understanding of data visualization concepts and experience with advanced data visualization
· Demonstrated quantitative aptitude
· Strong computer skills. Experience with Tableau or other data visualization packages is preferred
· High level of efficiency and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently under pressure
· Attentive to detail, well organized, and deadline oriented
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated interest in developing economies
Co-op/Internship Program Description:
Along with providing a meaningful learning opportunity to students through their internships, Eaton Vance offers interns the opportunity to network and become immersed in our culture through our Lunch and Learn Series and Community Outreach.
Our Lunch and Learn series provides interns the opportunity to listen to presentations led by seasoned professionals in different areas of the firm, who share their insights and expertise. The Lunch and Learns are an excellent opportunity for interns to engage with leaders outside of their department and explore different topics related to the investment management industry.
Eaton Vance is deeply committed to serving our community. Interns will see this commitment first hand by participating in two community service events in the Boston area throughout their time here.
Commitment to Diversity:
At Eaton Vance, we work hard to provide the resources, benefits, and support that will attract engaged and talented employees. Our goal is to nurture a workplace of caring individuals who embrace new challenges instilled with the firm’s values of integrity, teamwork, creativity/adaptability, professionalism, client focus, and excellence.