This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
EOPA NATIONAL FELLOWSHIP
As a comprehensive career development and leadership opportunity, the National Fellowship Program is designed to harness and inspire the next generation of public leaders.
We are seeking highly motivated, dedicated, and passionate changemakers to assist with a variety of projects in the startup phase, including research, outreach, strategy, partnerships, fundraising, and communications. If you want to contribute to a high-leverage start-up campaign and make a national difference, this fellowship is for you.
10 fellows are accepted into the 5-month-long program beginning Jan 1st through May 31st
Core Fellowship Roles and Contributions
- Contribute to high-leverage campaigns with national, state, and local policy impacts
- Work with influential state and local elected leaders
- Lead 1-3 projects in research, outreach, communications, policy, membership, partnerships, fundraising, or administration
- Conduct phone or email outreach to elected officials, partners organizations
- Participate in team meetings at least 1-2 times per week via video call
- Support social media, video, and communications presence
- Assist with designing and execution of membership development program
How we are uniquely positioned:
- Elected Officials to Protect America is mobilizing lawmakers who are veterans and frontline elected leaders, youth leaders, and business leaders to educate lawmakers, the public, and media on the dangers of the climate crisis as a threat-multiplier for disease, water security, and environmental racism.
- The sole national organization mobilizing veterans who are lawmakers on the environment.
- The sole national peer-to-peer initiative led by state and local lawmakers on the national security and public health harms of the climate crisis.
- Peer-to-Peer inspiration; training, and organizing that enhances effectiveness, creates awareness and understanding, builds political will, and makes it politically safe to act boldly.
- Our in-house media team produces films, op-eds, press conferences, and social media.
- Passion and experience in environment, energy, civic engagement, and/or public policy issues;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work remotely, efficiently, and reliably meet deadlines; arrange your schedule and hours;
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor;
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Sheets;
- Experience in organizing, campaigns, or policy is an asset.