This role will assist in the finance, programming and accounting functions for our publicly traded entities, a hybrid mortgage REIT (NYSE: EFC) and a residential mortgage REIT (NYSE: EARN). The Financial Analyst will report to the Controller. Use of Excel, SQL, Visual Basic, Bloomberg and Ellington proprietary systems will be routine. The position will be located at our headquarters in Old Greenwich, CT.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Build and maintain financial reporting models and analytics, as well as create ad hoc reports for management and tax compliance.
- Build and maintain reconciliations between administrator data and internal portfolio management systems.
- Preparation of investor presentation and related marketing materials.
- Integral role in the build out and automation of complex reporting systems.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory and investor reporting (10Q/K, earnings releases, board packages, market data).
- 3.3+ GPA
- Undergraduate degree, with demonstrated academic excellence.
- Quick and flexible learner with initiative to execute on projects independently.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and computer skills – extensive knowledge of Excel is a requirement, familiarity with computer programming desired (SQL, Python, .Net, etc.)
- Strong communication, problem solving skills, and leadership ability.
- Detail oriented and organized, with a willingness to learn and be challenged.
- Considering candidates with finance, accounting and/or computer programming background.