This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
End Citizens United//Let America Vote is looking for a qualified intern to join our organizing team. Our organizing department recruits, mobilizes, and empowers volunteers to perform direct voter contact to build attendance for events, grow public support for our issues, and support our endorsed candidates.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and finish the internship with broad experience in various aspects of political grassroots organizing.
- Assist in drafting scripts for texting, phone banking, etc.
- Assist in the creation of training documents and materials
- Assist in creating, launching, and maintaining texting, phone banking, and other campaigns across a variety of platforms
- Assist in maintaining and updating complex lists of data about volunteers and contacts
- Provide support, direction, and training to a growing team of grassroots volunteers
- Facilitate virtual trainings, barnstorms, and other organizing calls
- Assist in recruiting volunteers through phone banking, texting, and over social media
- Assist in providing updates to volunteers via Slack, Facebook groups, Reddit, etc.
- Compile reports on volunteer activity and impact
- Knowledge of and passion for organizing, empowering, and growing volunteers
- Team-oriented, with the ability to effectively manage non-tech-savvy volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Ability to rapidly change direction upon shifting priorities
- Familiarity with texting platforms (Hustle, Spoke), phone banking platforms (ThruTalk, COS), and other organizing platforms a plus
Interns will also benefit from the Intern Educational Program, which aims to educate interns on Democratic politics and democracy reform while providing unique opportunities to hone their professional skills. This program includes presentations with top Democratic professionals, tutorials on networking best practices, and discussions on themes within the democracy reform movement. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to interact with and receive professional guidance from many members of the ECU/LAV staff, and will gain strong experience in progressive campaigning.
**Due to the coronavirus, this will be a fully remote internship. Applicants from all locations are encouraged to apply. The position is a part-time opportunity.**
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Organizing Internship” in the subject line. Please indicate in your cover letter where you viewed this posting. Interns will be paid $15/hr. Applications will be accepted until April 16, 2021. End Citizens United/Let America Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.