The Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Analyst is responsible for supporting the financial outcomes and commercial obligations of a geographic portfolio of established DER (mainly battery storage) projects in North America. Primary responsibilities include:
- Analyze data to support and manage financial targets for DER projects and deriving insights to improve financial performance
- Creating reports on financial performance to business leadership, external partners, and other project stakeholders
- Supporting analytics to ensure performance guarantees and other contractual obligations tied to DER projects are met, including any requirements from government incentive programs
- Continually developing new opportunities to maximize DER project returns.
- Developing and automating tools and processes to support market and customer settlement for DER assets
The DER Analyst is responsible for digging into all data related to the performance of DER assets and their associated value streams. They are part of the DER Asset Management & Optimization team within the Energy Markets group.
The ideal candidate is self-starter, someone who is comfortable operating in a rapidly evolving environment, has experience working on complex projects across numerous teams, is comfortable working with data, and is excited to build new things and directly influence the transition towards a more sustainable energy future.
What You’ll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
P&L Reporting and Analytics
- Compile data needed for annual revenues and business plan for a given portfolio of DER projects
- Provide regular reporting and conduct recurring and ad-hoc quantitative analysis to make strategic market and portfolio decisions and advise senior management to address business issues and opportunities
- Update internal P&L forecast updates and reporting of actuals to Finance
- Make recommendations for the entire DER portfolio to achieve desired financial outcomes
- Responsible for developing calculations for final financial settlement
Portfolio Performance Tracking
- Analyze project performance to identify issues, risks, and opportunities
- Use data to compile lessons learned for communication to business leadership, Product Management, Operations, and Sales to continually inform Enel X’s battery storage commercial offering and delivery model
- Run calculations for final financial settlement with project site owners and other stakeholdersCalculate and evaluate project-level returns
- Track progress against performance guarantees made to project stakeholders
- Provide comprehensive performance reporting to external investors
Maximize Project Returns
- Develop a deep expertise in value-stacking strategies for battery storage projects, including incentive programs, demand charge management, energy arbitrage, demand response, etc.
- Execute and develop processes to support the above strategies
- Run analysis to support project-specific strategies for participation in capacity, energy, and ancillary services markets, considering the physical characteristics and limitations of specific assets, market requirements, and trade-offs with other value streams
- Support the launch of new DER market services and value streams including process development and tool building
- Diagnose root cause of underperforming projects and develop creative solutions to minimize downside
Cross-functional Execution and Delivery
- Support cross-functional coordination to ensure successful execution of value-stacking strategies and delivery against commercial obligations
- Execute compliance and reporting associated with government incentive programs such as SGIP and the ITC
- Execute timely settlement and reporting for project site-owners and other project stakeholders
- Identify delivery gaps and support cross-functional initiatives to develop solutions
Who You Are:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including financial modeling;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite ;
- Experience with large data sets;
- Ability to code and automate repeatable analytical tasks;
- Self-starter with initiative to prioritize appropriately and develop creative solutions;
- Ability to effectively work within multi-disciplinary teams to identify and solve crucial; business risks and operational challenges.