The Program Analyst is responsible for critical operational activities to support the management and optimization of Enel X’s portfolios of flexibility assets (demand response, distributed energy resources, EVs) in electricity markets in North America. Primary responsibilities include executing market transactions with grid operations and utilities, developing analysis for portfolio decisions, championing the continuous improvement of scalable processes and driving internal, cross-functional alignment necessary to achieve business success. Members of the Program Management team are the internal, subject matter experts for all things related to their markets and strong representatives of Enel X’s expertise externally. The goal of the Energy Markets group at Enel X is to connect “any asset to any market and any value stream” to enable a more sustainable energy future.
What You’ll Do at Enel:
- Business Development
- Support the identification, assessment and origination of new business opportunities that include but are not limited to new product offerings and entry into new markets. Provide insight into the market and operational requirements from product conception, definition and launch.
- Co-develop responses to local Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and tenders for flexible assets. Provide detailed market analysis and collaborate with cross functional teams to inform deal structure and products.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with utility customers, grid operators and other strategic partners. Act as secondary point of contact and maintain a pulse on electricity markets in order to create areas for future growth.
- Energy Management and Optimization
- Execute complex transactions in electricity markets, which include but are not limited to registering assets into utility and ISO markets, assessing portfolio risk and adjusting provider commitments based on internal and external input.
- Drive market settlement activities and financial close in order to monetize thousands of Enel X’s assets.
- Ensure financial and operational compliance with Customer and Utility Agreements and RTO/ISO obligations which include mitigating data quality issues and managing recurring market reporting and/or transactions.
- Cross-Functional Alignment and Delivery:
- Provide analysis and support to implementation teams in the delivery of project returns and market commitments. Assist program managers to provide direction of market activities and ensure that critical delivery activities are completed and prioritized appropriately.
- Support key business activities and teams:
- C&I Sales: set sales goals, act as the technical expert to support complex sales, review project level assumptions, approve non-standard contract terms and drive customer acquisition.
- Product Management. Support product development teams to integrate rule changes into the digital platform that is the basis for our optimization solution, as well as provide input for continuous improvement.
- Regulatory & Institutional Affairs. Provide market expertise and business recommendations to Enel X’s regulatory efforts. Stay current on national and local market drivers influencing market participation for Enel X.
- Operations and Onboarding: Champion the continuous improvement of scalable processes, apply best practices and use innovative ideas to increase market and organizational effectiveness.
- Global Product Line. Support Global teams with any commercial bidding strategy, policy development discussions and any other related analysis.
Who You Are
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including financial modeling;
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Self-starter with initiative to prioritize appropriately and develop creative solutions;
- Ability to effectively work within multi-disciplinary teams to identify and solve crucial business risks and operational challenges.