Engle Capital, launched in June 2015, is a ~$900 million concentrated long/short equity hedge fund primarily targeting $1 – 10 billion market cap companies undergoing transformation. Each idea is evaluated through the lens of its three investment values (Circle of Competence, Quality of Business, Misunderstanding) and Engle undertakes in-depth fundamental research to identify potential long and short investments that (i) fall within its circle of competence, (ii) are of high/low quality and (iii) reflect a misunderstanding about the earnings power or valuation of the business.
The firm is looking to hire a research analyst to work directly with one of the partners. The ideal candidate will have:
- a track record of success throughout professional and educational career
- a strong passion for investing
- superior financial modeling skills
- a willingness to learn
- 2+ years working at an investment bank or consulting firm
- 3+ years of investment experience (open to buy-side and sell-side candidates)
Responsibilities include: long/short idea generation, building detailed financial models, leading due diligence, assisting in the preparation of investment memos, etc.
If interested, please send your resume to: email@example.com