Enterprise Community Partners, Southeast Market, seeks an Affordable Housing Preservation intern to support the Affordable Housing Preservation work in our market. This intern position is available in the Atlanta office, and will have the opportunity to learn about the affordable housing field through a variety of projects. In addition, there is significant opportunity to attend virtual events and meetings and network with other affordable housing professionals.
- Subsidized Multifamily – Data Collection and Analysis
- Utilizing the HouseATL Affordable Housing Database and National Housing Preservation database, complete the following for the City of Atlanta, 5 County Metro, and 10 County Metro (in order of prioritization):
- Identify subsidized affordable housing properties with subsidy sources expiring within five years
- Create property profiles for each property, identifying public funding sources; ownership; management; location; and other critical risk factors such as proximity to new development, location in an area of rent increases, or age. Prioritize based upon potential risk of loss.
- With staff, conduct outreach to property owners to ascertain plans for the property, and begin to identify opportunities for acquisition and/or support in recapitalization of properties.
- With staff, share findings with public sector partners via the Metro Atlanta Public Sector Preservation Collaborative, and develop plans for proactive preservation action.
- Produce GIS maps, graphs/charts, and other visualizations of inventory analysis.
- Small Multifamily – Data Collection and Analysis
- Utilizing an Enterprise developed methodology, analyze ownership patterns in Small-MF properties in the five county Metro area.
- Develop a presentation of this analysis, identifying large owners as well as concentrations of properties.
- Support staff in owner outreach efforts, as well as efforts to engage nonprofit developers in acquisition efforts.
- Community Investment
- Support the operations of the HouseATL Funders Collective, including analysis of deal information, management of pipeline and support of Funders Collective meetings.
- Support the Southeast Market on other programmatic priorities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree/current undergrad; graduate student strongly preferred.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills required.
- Microsoft Word, Access & Excel skills and familiarity with web-based research are required; experience with public datasets and GIS required.
- Interest in affordable housing and community development
- Superior research and writing skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, with strong organizational skills.
This position is available for up to 20 hours per week, beginning January 2021. The hourly rate is $15/hour.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Entity: Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.