Climate Corps Fellow
Environmental Defense Fund
Multiple locations, including New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; and other U.S. cities and towns. Remote and hybrid options available.
Job Type: 8-12 week summer fellowship
Jump-Start Your Sustainability Career
Climate Corps is the go-to graduate fellowship program for a career in sustainability. Fellows join a network of over a thousand Climate Corps alumni and other energy and sustainability professionals, working to advance climate solutions in leading organizations around the world.
Our program selects candidates from a variety of disciplines to work for a summer with companies and public institutions to identify opportunities to reduce emissions in their operations and supply chains and meet climate commitments. Fellows will gain access to an interactive training as well continuing education, including professional development opportunities, online resources and opportunities to connect with and learn from the network.
Since 2008, Climate Corps has placed over 1,200 fellows in host organizations including City of Seattle, Etsy, Google, Mayo Clinic and Carlyle Group. A list of 2022 host organizations will be available to candidates during the interview process. Fellows are matched with host organizations based on their location, industry and project type preferences. See the full list of past organizations on our website.
Projects to Match Your Unique Skills and Career Goals
Working under the guidance of a host supervisor and EDF engagement manager, fellows uncover emissions reduction opportunities and develop climate solutions for their host organization. Projects culminate in a written report and series of recommendations to the host organization. Projects may focus on:
• Climate Commitments: Work on cross-cutting strategies to reduce emissions including Net Zero, Science Based Targets, greenhouse gas accounting, and municipal climate planning.
• Renewables and Energy Efficiency: Develop targeted strategies to implement on-site and off-site renewable energy and scale energy efficiency.
• Supply Chain Sustainability: Quantify and baseline Scope 3 emissions and develop recommendations to engage suppliers on sustainability efforts.
• Zero Emission Vehicles: Build roadmaps to electrify medium and heavy-duty fleets.
New for 2022:
• Food Waste Reduction: In partnership with ReFED, a limited number of fellows will work within companies to advance strategic food waste reduction initiatives and accelerate implementation of high-impact solutions.
• At the time of application, enrolled in a graduate certificate or degree program studying engineering, business, sustainability, environmental management, public policy or other relevant subjects.
• At least 2 years of work experience.
• Self-starter with project management and leadership experience, including demonstrated success aligning and collaborating across teams.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
• A passion for solving environmental challenges.
• Eligible to work in the United States during the summer of 2022.
Depending on available projects, additional skills may be useful:
• Strong financial and quantitative skills, including project valuation.
• Demonstrated experience working on energy efficiency, clean energy, vehicle electrification, food waste or sustainability projects.
Climate Corps Fellow – Summer 2022
Climate Corps Fellow