ETS is the world’s premier educational measurement institution and a leader in educational research. As an innovator in developing achievement and occupational tests for clients in business, education, and government, we are determined to advance educational excellence for the communities we serve.
ETS’s is seeking two Postdoctoral Fellows to collaborate with ETS scientists on cutting-edge research projects while also conducting independent research that is relevant to ETS’s mission of advancing quality and equity in education by providing fair and valid assessments, research, and related services. Fellows also have opportunities to interact informally with ETS staff across divisions and units and to participate in internal activities such as brown bag seminars. Fellows are expected to disseminate their work through scholarly venues including conferences and journal publication.
The fellowship is for a period of up to two years, renewable after the first year by mutual agreement.
- Collaborate with ETS scientists on ETS research projects
- Conduct independent research that is relevant to ETS’s mission
- Serve as a thought partner to other ETS scientists and participate in ETS events such as seminars and poster sessions
- Author conference proposals and manuscripts based on independent research and collaborate on conference proposals and manuscripts for ETS project work
Experience and Skills
Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
- Completion of Ph.D. degree in education, psychology, cognitive or learning sciences, psychometrics, statistics, data science, or a related field within the last three years is required.
- Applicants should have experience conducting research in one of the following areas: Applied psychometrics; statistics; artificial intelligence; process data modeling and analysis; measurement of academic, social, and emotional competencies; language learning; innovative assessment design; assessment for learning; validity, fairness and equity in learning and assessment; and workforce development.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application. A complete application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a description of the independent research you propose to conduct while at ETS, two writing samples, and Ph.D. transcripts.