NYC-based equity research associate position covering pharmaceuticals and biotech on the top ranked team. This role spans a very broad set of responsibilities, ranging from biotech, specialty pharma, to generics. This in turn means there will be room to learn a very diverse skillset as well as lots of exposure to top investors. Past members of the team have moved on to extremely coveted roles.
What to expect:
We are a small team and work very closely together. There is a high degree of exposure to investors and healthcare company executive teams. As a result, there is a clear expectation that the candidate has a good attitude, is self-driven, very intellectually curious and can figure things out quickly.
– Strong science background, MDs strongly preferred, but other training also considered
– Experience in biotech industry, consulting, or equity research preferred
– Super excited to learn
– Ability to dissect clinical data and primary scientific literature
– Comfortable working investment banking hours (including early mornings and weekends)
– Basic understanding of financial modeling
Skill set you will develop:
– Ramping up on new therapeutic areas instantly
– Public speaking & professional relationships
– Patent law
– Financial modeling