NYC-based equity research associate position covering pharmaceuticals and biotech on the top ranked team. This role spans a very broad set of responsibilities, ranging from small biotech to large pharma, and into specialty pharma. This in turn means there will room to learn a very diverse skillset as well as lots of exposure to top investors. Past members of the team have moved on to extremely coveted roles.
What to expect:
We are a small team and work very closely together. There is a high degree of exposure to investors and healthcare company executive teams. As a result, there is a clear expectation that the candidate has a good attitude, is self-driven, very intellectually curious and can figure things out quickly.
– PhD in Chem, Biochem, Bio, or similar background in the natural sciences
– Experience in biotech industry, consulting, or equity research ideal
– Ability to dissect clinical data and primary scientific literature
– Comfortable working investment banking hours (including early mornings and weekends)
– Basic understanding of financial modeling
– Industry experience and/or adjunct finance license/degree a plus
– Super excited to learn
Skill set you will develop:
– Ramping up on new therapeutic areas instantly
– Public speaking & professional relationships
– Patent law
– Financial modeling
Compensation: very competitive