This is a fantastic learning opportunity for a highly motivated college student or professional who seeks to play a role in a mission-driven organization that is poised to go to scale. The primary focus of this role is to support the efforts of the marketing department in order to increase impact of the fair trade movement.
The coordinator will report directly to the Public Relations manager via the marketing department and collaborate closely on a range of projects and tasks to support social media, publicity, events and general marketing efforts. The ideal candidate should have superb organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal aptitude, and a strong desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. A successful coordinator will support and strengthen the efforts of the marketing department.
This position will commence in the fall of 2020 for a minimum of 3 months, with preference given to candidates who can stay 6 months or longer based on performance. The exact start and end dates are flexible, based on candidate’s availability. This position will pay $16.07 per hour on a non-exempt basis. It is remote and regular zoom calls will be required.
- Contribute to strategy, planning, execution and content for social media.
- Running analytics, creating reports and scheduling content for social media.
- Assist with media and partnerships that raise the profile of Fair Trade USA.
- Help with events and award submissions.
- Contribute to planned marketing campaigns (e.g. Just One Cup).
- Conduct research for projects, as needed.
- Social media acumen (understands how to adapt messages and images across platforms, hashtags, SEO, algorithms and performance and reporting metrics, familiarity with or willingness to learn social studio quickly).
- Basic graphic design skills (Canva required; Photoshop/Adobe is a bonus but not required)
- Ability to develop cohesive event speaker pitch and prep documents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Results/action orientation. Resourceful and self-motivated.
- Creativity, flexibility, initiative and humor in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Passionate about the mission of FTUSA.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of 10-19 hours per week. Responsiveness on Slack is a must and at least 1 zoom check-in per week with manager or project lead will be required.
Example Project Plan:
Week 1: Draft and optimize social copy for planned campaigns
Week 2: Identify and reach out to new Influencers for Friends of Fair Trade program
Week 3: Assist with researching, compiling and creating content to align with 2021 marketing strategy
Week 4: Research and help manage speaking events for Fair Trade leaderships and partner companies
Week 5: Write letters and pitches to influencers to secure participation in fair trade campaign
Remaining schedule TBD