This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Creative Fellow Job Description
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy, and branding.
We are a mission-driven, for-profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia Creative Fellow, who will work alongside our creative team as they develop and execute creative materials that bring our campaigns and programs in social justice to life.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Assist in the design and production of multimedia projects, including:
● Video production, editing, and motion graphics for advocacy videos, short documentary films, and other digital content
● Graphic design projects such as logos and branding, social media content, advertising and PSAs, and presentation design
● Participate in conceptual brainstorms by bringing fresh perspective and inspiration to the work
● Collaborate across departments at the agency by demonstrating strong people skills and an eagerness to integrate design and video into a range of strategic communications projects
● Going beyond design and production and thinking conceptually about creative ways to express messages
● Keep current on social trends and unique design styles, technology and share back with the Creative team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
● Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Multimedia Design or related experience, non-traditional educational paths are welcomed.
● Portfolio of relevant work that displays creativity and visual problem solving
● Must be proficient in Adobe CC. Primarily: Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. After Effects is a plus but not required.
● Experience in Google Slides, PowerPoint and/or Keynote is a plus to help us with client presentations
● Detail-oriented, able to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
● Additional skills in Photography or Copywriting are a plus
● You should be passionate and informed about social change and naturally curious and eager to take on new challenges
Capstone Portfolio & Presentation
With guidance and mentorship from Fenton’s Creative Directors, the Fellow will build a new portfolio of work over the course of their fellowship. The fellowship culminates in a presentation of this portfolio, including overviews of the process of projects and descriptions of the final work.
● A competitive salary against industry standards
● Compensation = $20/hour
● Remote/flexible working environments
The Fellowship begins on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, and runs through Friday, June 3, 2022.
Please PDF all attachments. Applications are due by November 30, 2021. A portfolio of design and/or video work is required to apply.
Part-time positions will be considered on an individual basis – please indicate if you are only available part-time. If you have any questions, please email Taylor Tringali at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work. People of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high-caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers.