FirstWorks Development Associate
FirstWorks is a Providence, Rhode Island-based non-profit arts organization dedicated to enhancing the cultural, educational and economic vitality of our community by engaging audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs.
FirstWorks is seeking a Development Associate to support all functions of the Development department and the organizations’ overall communications needs. Qualified candidates will be skilled communicators, excellent writers, able to manage concurrent projects, prioritize multiple deadlines, work autonomously and as part of a team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
– Support execution of monthly development priorities, as designated by Development Manager
– Under supervision of Development Manager, draft and submit institutional grants, individual and corporate proposals, and reports
– Assist with preparation for stakeholder meetings
– Execute Direct mail campaigns
– Perform donor/foundation prospect research and analysis
– Collaborate as needed with team to develop donor and partner communications
– Assist with all development and institutional advancement content creation
– Assist with development related Board meeting preparations
– Support donor/sponsor fulfillment and recognition
– Staff performance/event duty as assigned
– Assist with all facets planning and execution of cultivation events, including managing volunteers
– Maintain the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current
– Analyze and enter data; generate reports on donor giving
– Support database-accounting reconciliations
– Perform other basic administrative duties
This is a full-time position. Anticipated Salary: $35,000
Anticipated hire date: May 15, 2021 or sooner
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits include health and dental insurance, vacation; and the ability to have an impact on creating access and engagement with the arts and bettering the lives of children in Providence and across Rhode Island.
FirstWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Women, gender-nonconforming, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.