This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
JOIN THE 2022 FIS UNIVERSITY SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM!
As a 2022 FIS University Program Summer Intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, social events, professional development seminars and work alongside team mentors. This is a full time (40hrs/week) paid internship that will begin on June 6, 2022 and conclude on August 12, 2022.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The FIS Digital Payment Fraud Team offers its clients years of industry knowledge and expertise to detect and prevent fraud within our Digital Payments products including consumer payment products such as BillPay and Zelle as well as Business E-Banking. Our associates and analysts use industry-leading detection tools to monitor and investigate suspicious activity with 24 x 7 coverage for almost 2,000 banks and credit unions and over 300 million transactions annually. Despite the growing threat of fraud and account take over in these products across the industry, this team has been able to maintain extremely low losses for its clients and FIS. WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Conduct research to identify possible threats and minimize exposure to financial loss
- Identify loss patterns to implement loss reduction strategies, and prepares reporting on results
- Assist management with development and implementation of financial strategies and plans that minimize financial risk and provide maximum protection to organizational assets
- Apply specialized professional knowledge and techniques gained through study to develop appropriate solutions to analytical, commercial, operational, process or technological problems
- Act as a fact-gathering liaison with other FIS functions
- Research and responds to incoming inquiries from other departments and client support teams
- Implement fraud prevention policies and techniques
WHAT YOU BRING
- Rising Senior (graduating December 2022 through May 2023)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive full-time paid summer internship
- Opportunity to participate in projects that directly impact business value
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
PRIVACY STATEMENT FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company. #pridepass