Flow Traders is looking for Graduate Traders to join our growing Trading team in New York. The ideal candidate is competitive, driven and passionate about the financial markets. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
What You Will Do
As a Graduate Trader, you will begin your career at Flow with an extensive 4-month training program at our New York office. During this program, you will learn everything you need to know about our core business, the financial products we trade and the intricacies surrounding our trading processes, including pricing strategies and our proprietary trading systems. It will also include participation in trading simulations and quantitative classes hosted by our Senior Traders and Quantitative Researchers that will further strengthen your understanding of a Trader’s role in the financial ecosystem. After collaborating with your fellow graduate traders on a team project to conclude the training program, you will be assigned to an established trading desk based on your skills and interests. Gradually, you will take on more responsibilities, start monitoring markets and be able to make split-second decisions to contribute to the overall profitability of your desk!
What You Need to Succeed
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related
- Demonstrable interest in trading and global financial markets
- Understanding of financial products
- Proficiency in Excel, a keen interest in IT systems and an affinity for development languages
- Ability to deliver under pressure, with excellent mental arithmetic and analytical skills
- Ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them
- An entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on creative problem solving
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- Attracted to a fast-paced, team oriented work environment that offers great challenges and rewards
- Submit your resume and motivation letter. Why do you want to pursue a career in trading?
- Video interview
- Trader Assessments, including our Mental Math Test
- Motivational interview with HR
- Final-round case study interview conducted by Senior Traders & Head of Trading
Please note that the Fall 2020 OCR recruitment process will be conducted virtually.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Healthcare, Vision, Dental Insurance and 401k match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!