We are seeking to fill a full time position as part of our eight-person team.
Primary duties include:
· Point person with some of our current internationally-focused nonprofit partners. This role involves review of written reports, budgets, impact assessments and other information supplied by our nonprofit partners, with substantial follow-up as needed. Through these interactions, this individual is expected to be sufficiently knowledgable and collaborative to earn the respect of our implementing nonprofits sufficient to be a welcome thought-partner.
· Participate in the screening and selection of potential new nonprofit partner relationships, sharing what you learn with the rest of the Focusing Philanthropy team and, at later stages, our Board, and donors. Work includes research into targeted areas of human need, identification of and interaction with parties experienced in addressing such needs, cataloguing of potential nonprofit partners who employ methods that appear to yield material impact, and assessment of the most promising potential partners.
· Prepare and present clear, concise, and (as appropriate) motivating reports on developments of our programs and our nonprofit implementing partners for various constituencies including other team members, our Board, current and prospective donors, and funding allies.
· Help develop tailored fundraising initiatives in concert with each nonprofit overseen. Such campaign planning entails development of a specific use of funds, budget, reporting plan and fundraising/communications appeal. This activity is iterative, involving other members of the Focusing Philanthropy team and senior representatives of the nonprofit.
· Travel to and conduct program site visits of current international nonprofit partners and organizations that are candidates for addition to our portfolio. Such trips are likely to last one to two weeks, typically with two trips per year (once COVID restrictions are no longer relevant), usually as part of a two person Focusing Philanthropy team. Likely locations include east Africa and Central and South America with trips to southeast Asia possible.
· Production of accurate, engaging and timely written materials for use with donors and prospects to expose them to giving opportunities and report on the impact of their contributions.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Depends on experience.