This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research (FFAR) is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization established by bipartisan Congressional support in the 2014 Farm Bill. FFAR builds public-private partnerships to support pioneering and actionable science addressing today’s food and agriculture challenges. FFAR increases scientific and technological research and partnerships critical to enhancing the sustainable production of nutritious food for a growing global population.
FFAR is currently seeking a Development Research Intern to further FFAR’s mission by assisting with prospect research and additional supporting activities. The position reports directly to the Senior Development Research Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Learn about the challenges facing food and agriculture, specifically as it relates to climate change, sustainability, and regenerative/climate smart agriculture
· Identify and research prospective funders related to agriculture and climate change
· Develop research profiles on companies, foundations, individuals, or trade associations for partnership opportunities
· Provide summaries of the week’s news articles related to food and agriculture
· Update current and prospective donor records in database
· Potential to attend virtual webinars or conferences on relevant topics
· Provide organizational and departmental support as requested
· Strong organization and research skills, with keen attention to details
· Interest in innovative research in food, agriculture and related topics
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
· Fundraising/Donor Database software experience is helpful, but not required
· Currently be working toward a degree at a university or college in a related field
· This internship is open to all majors; coursework related to agribusiness, food systems, environmental studies, or project/nonprofit management considered an asset
· Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced, virtual working environment
FFAR asks for a commitment of at least 16 hours per week, though we are flexible with scheduling, acknowledging students’ academic schedules. Compensation as a part-time employee will be at an hourly rate of $15.00. FFAR interns are not eligible for benefits. Academic credit is available.
How to Apply
Please send all requested application materials to Lauren Hershey at email@example.com with the subject line “Development Research Intern Application” by Friday, February 26th.
Applications must include:
· A cover letter and resume, along with a short writing sample. (Writing samples can be pulled from coursework and shortened appropriately. Please make sure the context of the sample is clear.)
· Potential availability, including start and end dates.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls please.
FFAR is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, and applications are encouraged from individuals who may fall into any such groups, as well as from veterans and uniformed service members.