This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York – the business capital of the world – FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a talented Production Assistant to join Fox Business Tonight. We will rely on you to be a team player that can work independently, exercise sound judgment, and take initiative under tight deadlines. You are familiar with working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. You are someone who is highly organized and has great time management skills. You are looking for the next step in your career. You are someone who has a “can-do” attitude and enjoys working and collaborating with a team.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in producing segments
- Pitch story ideas and write scripts
- Cut and edit video for segments
- Post content from the show to social media
- Multi-task and prioritize workload in a 24/7 breaking news environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
- Solid production and post-production skills
- Strong social media and digital skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of news & current events
- Highly organized and detail-oriented nature
- Ability to take direction with ease
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience in a control room is a plus
- Knowledge of video editing software is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.