This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
At Freddie Mac, our Public Relations team is looking for an intern to support our content and creative strategies across our external corporate digital communications channels! Responsibilities for this upbeat, highly organized, self-starter include supporting the departments’ daily activities to write content and create creative designs for public relations. Come work with us this summer!
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S.**
Our team of dedicated communicators focus on raising the awareness of Freddie Mac through the creation of innovative and culturally aware content designed to inform, educate, and empower our audiences. In everything we do, we work to align content purpose to business objectives for marketing, public relations, advocacy, and engagement.
- Writing short-form and long-form content such as social posts, blogs and press releases for external channels
- Supporting the execution of digital content strategies for multiple clients across our social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor)
- Collaborating across the team to assist with weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting activities
- Partnering with our in-house design studio to develop visually compelling graphics, photography and videos for social media
- Assisting with special projects as assigned
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Graduating in December 2021, May 2022 or December 2022
- Available to work from June 2021 to August 2021
- Currently working towards an undergraduate degree in communications or related field; preferably a program with a strong writing emphasis.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience in effective, inspiring, inventive visual storytelling
- Familiarity with emerging corporate social media trends and best practices
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, take direction and work collaboratively
- Experience with social media analytics a plus