Job ID 20000JY1
Available Openings 1
Description of Program
The User Experience Internship Program (UXIP) is designed to develop new skills in the field of User Experience. User Experience Design is a field that thrives on diverse thinking and the empathy driven by having people from different backgrounds. This unique Internship Program will provide a solid learning experience encompassing a wide array of competencies from IT to Design that can serve as the foundation of an exciting and fruitful career path as an experience designer.
Duration & Hours per Week
This program will span one semester. The intern will receive 16 hours of supervised professional experience each week during the course of the program.
Description of Candidate’s Skills & Qualifications
Candidates must come to this internship with an open mind and a willingness to share their perspective. They must be interested in experience design (which includes visual design and other forms of human interactions with technology) and must be willing to open their minds to the experiences and feelings of others.
We are looking for candidates with a hunger to learn, the emotional maturity to expand their aperture of the world, and a demonstrated knack for the building blocks of the field; including visual design skills, some degree of competency with technology, and a curious mind for research and fact-based design choices.
Location of Work
Location of the UXIP will depend on what happens with the COVID-19 pandemic. If the offices are back open, the UXIP will be conducted out of the 32 Hartwell Avenue office in Lexington. Should our facilities still be closed, we will conduct this program online, as all other business is being conducted.
Description of Work
Work will consist of a combination of curriculum topics and engagement with actual projects that are in-flight at the time of the internship. Interns will be expected to help with work tasks as needed, while participating in skill-building activities. Opportunities for legally appropriate portfolio/resume building pieces will be explored throughout.
· Visual design
· Interaction design
· User research, Human Factors & User Centered Design
· Training on innovation & brainstorming
· Technical considerations
· Politics, Community, and Bridge-building
· Introduction to dialysis & designing for healthcare
· Understanding Fresenius
· Job Searching & Interviewing
· Resume & Portfolio Building
Expectations of Intern
The intern will be expected to:
· Participate in 1:1 meetings with the UXIP supervisor
· Show up on-time to all relevant meetings
· Return all work-tasks and curriculum assignments on-time
· Show-up with an open mind & ask lots of questions
Expectations of Learning Experience
The UXIP supervisor will be expected to:
· Conduct daily status/planning meeting with the intern on each day the intern is present
· Facilitate the teaching of curriculum topics
· Expose intern to interesting projects, and questions as they come up, and introduce them to contact within the company
· Provide feedback on work in a timely manner
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively pursuing a college degree in similar major
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
Previous work experience preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.