Our fundamental belief at Freudigman & Billings is that children learn best in the context of supportive relationships. We are committed to helping students better understand how they learn and how they can take ownership of that learning. Our team provides educational solutions for adolescents and children through individual assessment, personally tailored learning programs, and one-on-one coaching.
Subject instruction provides support in all varieties of coursework. These services reinforce understanding, provide support with weekly homework assignments, prepare students for exams, and develop analytical skills. The ideal candidate not only has a background in math and science, but also possesses an inherent curiosity about the process of developing individualized educational plans. Impeccable organizational skills, the ability to think critically, and appropriate professional judgment are necessary qualities to excel in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ability to teach Chemistry at the AP level and preferably some of the following content areas: Calculus, Statistics, Physics, Biology, Environmental Science, Economics
· Collaborate with Director of Subject Tutoring as necessary in order to generate and execute specific plans for each student
· Coordinate with other colleagues, such as a student’s Ed Therapist or Test Prep Instructor, in order to provide coordinated services.
· Assist the Director with creating math and science curriculum and other special projects
· Maintain confidentiality and security of client information
· Attend weekly staff meetings and client case reviews