About The Opportunity
FTI Consulting (NYSE:FCN) is a global business advisory firm and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. We are seeking a Consultant within FTI Consulting’s ESG Advisory Practice, which sits at the intersection of several core practice areas with FTI’s Strategic Communications segment. This includes the Financial Communications practice, which counsels public company management teams and Boards on strategy and subsequent engagement and communications with the global investment community.
FTI Consulting’s ESG Advisory Practice aids public companies in designing, creating, and executing ESG and broader sustainability strategies. Our ESG Advisory practice provides various services to help companies manage multi-stakeholder ESG risks and opportunities from a financial, regulatory, political, and commercial perspective. Among others, these services include:
– Benchmarking peers and best practices;
– Conducting materiality assessments;
– Executing ESG ratings improvement programs;
– Aligning with key ESG reporting frameworks including SASB, GRI, TCFD, CDP, and UNSDGs;
– Developing and communicating climate / decarbonization / net zero strategies;
– Establishing ESG KPIs and goals;
– Targeting and engaging with ESG investors and other members of the investment community; and
– Developing sustainability reports and related communications.
Our ESG advisory practice consists of a multi-disciplinary team to offer what no other firm can – experience-based counsel from an integrated team of experts, including former buy-side/sell-side analysts, proxy advisors, compliance officers, and policymakers in addition to experts in ESG reporting, climate, data analytics and creative.
As a Consultant, you will take an active role in supporting existing client engagements of the ESG Advisory practice, executing on client workstreams day-to-day and supporting broader firm and business development initiatives. In this role, you will develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ ESG objectives and challenges in order to assist them in developing a compelling and effective sustainability strategy. You will have direct exposure to public company management teams and will play an instrumental role in advancing workstreams to achieve client objectives. As a member of the ESG Advisory practice, you will sit within the broader Financial Communications practice.
What You’ll Do
· Support execution and project management efforts on client projects and workstreams, whether market research, strategy formation, or content creation, such as a multi-stakeholder materiality assessment;
· Work with a growing team across multiple locations to develop project deliverables;
· Draft, edit, and format a variety of materials based on comprehensive research and analysis (e.g., sustainability reports and ESG disclosures, climate commitments, quantitative scoring/data models, key message documents, multi-stakeholder Q&A, client proposals, engagement and communications plans, strategy memos, presentations, emails, web content);
· Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information;
· Support the development and production of client proposals and practice marketing materials;
· Support thought leadership efforts on emerging trends and issues; and
· Assist in mentoring, training, and integrating new teammates and interns.
How You’ll Grow
Our ESG Advisory practice is expected to continue to experience exceptional growth for the foreseeable future. As one of the firm’s fastest growing and highest priority areas of the business, team members will have a chance to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary and cross-border team and in the process learn and develop new skills and expertise. Having the opportunity to partner with our internal teams and diverse clients across various industries will also help with continued growth in new and complex functional areas.
We support all employees in their career advancement efforts. We strongly encourage Senior Consultants within our ESG Advisory practice to obtain the Sustainability Accounting Standard Board’s (SASB) FSA Credential and/or the Chartered Financial Analyst designation (CFA); full reimbursement provided.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study; and/or
· 0-2 years of relevant work experience in management consulting, investment banking, equity research, investor relations, corporate strategy, sustainability/ESG consulting, or commensurate experience.
Interest in deepening of:
understanding of sustainability in the context of the financial markets and investing;
ESG landscape including key reporting frameworks and ESG rating agencies;
Excellent writing, presentation creation, and formatting skills with strong attention to detail;
Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and partner at all seniority levels and regions;
Outstanding work ethic, high-energy, a team-mindset, and strong time and priority management skills; and
Strong proficiency and proven experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Nice to Have
Experience or exposure to any of the following topics: sustainability reporting frameworks, ESG rating agencies and index providers, investor relations;
Proficient with FactSet, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, ThomsonOne, Ipreo, Refinitiv, MSCI ESG Manager, ISS, Qualtrics; and
Experience with Tableau/R/Python.