About the Orgs
Future Now Fund elects the next generation of America’s state leaders to achieve America’s Goals, a legislative blueprint for our nation’s renewal. Future Now Action helps state lawmakers achieve meaningful results through a policy library with model bills, a national network of peers and experts, cutting-edge state-level research, and personalized support. FNF/FNA offers a fast-paced environment focused on using the best available tools and resources to achieve our mission of building state legislative power to improve Americans’ lives. We encourage you to find out more about the organizations’ values here.
Future Now and Future Now Fund are seeking passionate, motivated students to intern with us in summer 2021!
At Future Now and Future Now Fund, you’ll gain a valuable educational experience in the world of politics and policy at the state level. You’ll have the chance to work at a new organization that is changing the narrative around politics in our country. This summer, we are looking for interns to gain experience with the following departments:
Interns will be exposed to substantive work so that you can get an in-depth experience of what it’s like to work in the political and public policy sectors. In addition to daily work and the opportunity to staff events, interns participate in brown bag lunches with our team, which gives you the opportunity to hear from varying levels of staff and learn from experts in the fields of politics, community organizing, law, and public policy.
Our program provides interns with invaluable training in policy analysis and political engagement. Your experience at Future Now and Future Now Fund will get you ready for exciting future opportunities in a range of fields, from working on campaigns to working on the Hill or at public policy think tanks.
We value diversity at Future Now and Future Now Fund. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Day-to-day responsibilities might include:
- Policy and press research and writing
- Outreach to state legislative offices
- Conducting various research and outreach tasks as they arise
- Assisting with fundraising research and database management
- Organization operations: strategy, culture, process
- Legal and compliance research
- Compiling/designing various collateral including PowerPoint presentations and other documents
- Social media content management
- Supporting events as needed
- Passion for the mission
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Superb organizational skills
- A drive to make things happen
- High emotional intelligence
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and in person
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment while handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to build trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Capable of independently managing time and tasks associated with a fast-paced organization
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for undergraduate and graduate students, or recent graduates. Our interns are great communicators, have research and writing skills, are social-media savvy, and are comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite. Most of all, our interns believe in everything Future Now and Future Now Fund are trying to accomplish!
What we offer:
Summer interns are paid $20 per hour. We will work with you to provide school credit where applicable. Summer 2021 internships will be remote. Interns are expected to commit 30 hours per week from June 7 to August 13, 2021.
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, February 24, 2021.