This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
About the Orgs
The Future Now umbrella includes The States Project (TSP) and The Lawmakers Network (TLN). Its initiatives focus on improving Americans’ lives by winning state legislative majorities and working with them to achieve goals for the common good.
Future Now offers a fast-paced environment focused on using the best available tools and resources to achieve our mission of building state legislative power to improve Americans’ lives. We encourage you to find out more about the organizations’ values here.
The goal of the Internship Program is to provide a well-rounded experience for interns that provides an opportunity to see the impact of your work. We are committed to setting interns up for success by providing training opportunities where you develop a well-rounded set of hard & soft skills. As an intern, you will gain valuable educational experience in politics and policy at the state legislative level, and will be provided with opportunities to make connections with past cohorts and partners to support the development of your career. We are looking for interns to gain experience with the following teams:
Strategy & Research
Successful candidates are great communicators, have research and writing skills, are social-media savvy, and are comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at Future Now. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Day-to-day responsibilities might include:
- Policy and press research and writing
- Outreach to state legislative offices
- Conducting various research and outreach tasks as they arise
- Assisting with fundraising research and database management
- Organization operations: strategy, culture, process
- Legal and compliance research
- Compiling/designing various collateral including PowerPoint presentations and other documents
- Social media content management
- Staffing events as needed
- Passion for the mission
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Superb organizational skills
- A drive to make things happen
- High emotional intelligence
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and in person
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment while handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to build trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Capable of independently managing time and tasks associated with a fast-paced organization
What we offer:
Interns are paid $20 per hour. We will work with you to help you obtain school credit where applicable. All internship opportunities will be remote. Interns are expected to commit 20 hours per week (generally during standard U.S. business hours) from January 10, 2022 to May 13, 2022.
Applications must be submitted by Monday, November 22, 2021. All applications must include a resume and cover letter that includes why you are interested in working at Future Now. Incomplete applications will not be considered.