This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City’s youth, particularly youth of color and students in historically underrepresented communities, to access hands-on career development and paid internship opportunities. By linking students to paid internships with myriad employers, cultivating mentorships, and connecting young people to career readiness training and career exploration field trips, Futures and Options is breaking down barriers, creating pipelines to diverse workforces, and is helping our City’s youth gain confidence and realize their potential.
Our flagship programs include:
· The Internship Program provides paid, mentored internships and career development workshops to high school juniors and seniors. Students acquire hands-on professional experience, gaining entry to small businesses, nonprofits, government agencies and multinational corporations.
· Career Essentials is a 13-week curriculum geared towards freshman and sophomores that introduces students to the work world through workshops, career exploration activities, and industry fieldtrips, and provides opportunities for students to practice and improve their interpersonal, communication and other relevant work-related skills.
Futures and Options is seeking an organized, detail-orientated Funder Relations Intern to work closely with our Director of Institutional Advancement to engage new funders. The Funder Relations Intern will research public, private, and corporate foundations that support college- and career-readiness programming, and compile information on city council and community districts to support requests for local government funding. The Funder Relations Intern will also gain exposure to grant writing and relationship management with funders.
· Conduct independent research in grant databases and funder publications to identify new foundation and government grant prospects that align with Futures and Options’ mission and strategic priorities.
· Compile information on city council and community districts where Futures and Options students reside and attend schools, and where employer partners are located, to support solicitation for community-based and local government funds.
· Research background information on funders to help develop compelling proposals.
· Maintain and update foundation information in Salesforce database.
· Assist with preparation for initial meetings with potential funders by updating pitch decks and relevant one-pagers.
· Some college required; prior work experience in research or database management preferred.
· Strong attentional to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
· Experience using Excel or similar platforms required. Experience working with Salesforce preferred.
· Commitment to the mission of Futures and Options.
Timeframe: 5-10 hours per week from July 5th through August 27th. This is a remote position.
How to Apply: No phone calls. Please email your resume, as well as a cover letter detailing your experience and schedule availability, to email@example.com. Please put “Funder Relations Intern” as the subject line of your email.
Final candidates are subject to a background check. Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.