The Direct Marketing Manager of GPB will manage and coordinate the direct mail, digital canvassing, telemarketing, and vendor management operations. The Direct Marketing Manager will develop and deliver direct marketing integration techniques consistent with cross-platform fundraising themes and messages. The successful candidate will assist with coverage for On-Air Fundraising campaigns and provide support for fundraising and community engagement events. The Direct Marketing Manager assists in developing and executing the communication plan and develop strategies to solicit and steward Sustainers and non-pledge donors. The Direct Marketing Manager will stay abreast of industry best-practices, within public media, among nonprofits more broadly and in the commercial sector.
• Manages all Direct Mail campaigns including renewals, acquisition, additional gifts, lapsed efforts and sustainer
• Assists in the design, printing, and shipment of in-house use of fundraising materials including pledge reminders and acknowledgment letters.
• Provides reports and analysis on GPB’s direct mail efforts and manages GPB‘s digital fundraising efforts including e-renewals, campaign emails, special appeals and Calendar Year End.
• Coordinates digital fundraising and engagement initiatives to acquire, renew and retain donors.
• Creates online fundraising materials including emails, donation forms and landing pages.
• Develops and test new initiatives and innovative concepts for online fundraising and communications.
• Updates Development and Marketing calendar with campaigns and emails.
• Provides reports and analysis on GPB’s digital fundraising efforts.
• Communicates with external software partners to execute online fundraising best practices.
• Oversees GPB’s door-to-door canvassing program.
• Meets regularly with canvassing staff, monitors nightly results, coordinates the development and printing of all canvassing materials, ensures timely updates of the GPB’s canvassing webpage, coordinates security badges and parking passes for canvassing staff and responds to any incoming questions or concerns from people who are canvassed.
• Manages GPB’s telemarketing campaigns.
• Is responsible for creating and updating telemarketing scripts and mail collateral.
• Works with telemarketing vendor to develop campaign strategies to maximize results.
• Provides reports and analysis on GPB’s canvassing program.
• Monitors expense budgets, invoices and payments to all direct marketing vendor partners
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred (four year college or university).
• Two to three years plus in fundraising, development or related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Working knowledge of graphics and printing programs, basic web graphics. Proficient with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, and Publisher. Preferred knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, and Dreamweaver.
• Exceptional ability to proofread, detail and deadline oriented, team player and ability to lead. Must have complete command of the English language, and possess strong writing.
• Ability to multi-task, collaborate with others, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule to include some nights and weekends.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references, and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY
Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.