The Construction Intern is responsible for assisting Project Staff on a construction management project or in the district office.
Interns learn Gilbane’s construction methods and practices through a work assignment on a job site team assisting project engineering, accounting and superintending staff with daily duties:
• Manage project document flow
• Take progress photos of jobsite
• Review and approve submittals
• Submit RFIs
• Handle change management process
• Participate in business unit office activities including orientation program, training sessions and peer group meetings
• Currently enrolled in Engineering, Construction Management or similar program
• Prior exposure to construction industry is a plus
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Tracking Code: 2020-4227
Name: Gilbane Building Company
External Company URL: http://www.gilbaneco.com/
Street: 88 Pine Street