This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. With differentiated investment and risk management capabilities, deep client relationships, and a strong financial foundation, the company has established a track record of delivering proven, value-added solutions and long-term growth. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers asset management and capital markets solutions across multiple strategies.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
GLOBAL ATLANTIC’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Global Atlantic offers an immersive 10 week summer internship program that allows students to learn critical skills in a business setting. Our program runs from June 6, 2022 to August 12, 2022. We offer Executive Business Overviews, Networking Challenges, Social Events, interaction with senior leaders, meaningful work and so much more. We pride ourselves on offering a diverse and inclusive environment for all to succeed. We are thrilled that you have considered Global Atlantic in your Internship search.
FOR THIS OPENING, WE ARE TARGETING DECEMBER 2022 AND MAY 2023 GRADS.
This 2022 Investment Operations summer internship program is located out of our Boston office and will consist of the following:
- Participate in weekly rotations through each Investment Operations team to gain exposure to the core functions and projects of the following teams: Cash Management / Cash Controls / Commercial and Residential Real Estate / Specialty Finance / Credit / DTC / Investment Deliverables / Middle Office Controls
- Communicate with Investment Office on upcoming investments to support timely and comprehensive execution
- Utilize large Bloomberg data sets for portfolio reconciliation to ensure organizational data integrity
- Compile and analyze metrics for trading, hedging, exception processing, and other areas of the business to identify trends, efficiencies, and potential control opportunities
- Support reconciliation of cash and security transactions
- Participate in initiatives aimed at continuous process and infrastructure improvements; identify areas of operational inefficiency and implement proposed enhancements
- Senior leadership is involved with weekly business overviews that showcase the high-level understanding of Global Atlantic’s business and how it operates
- Complete week in review presentations highlighting key takeaways that will be presented to management at the end of each rotation
- Participate in challenges throughout the summer including an internship experience innovation challenge and a networking challenge
- Strong academic record in pursuit of a four-year degree with concentrations and/or interests in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Computer Science (minimum 3.2 GPA); focusing on students graduating December 2022 or May 2023
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel and PowerPoint; VBA, Visio, and Bloomberg experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Pro-active, detail oriented, and deadline driven; possess excellent documentation and analysis skills
- Results oriented, flexible, self-motivated, and able to excel in a fast paced, team environment with limited direct supervision
PURSUANT TO COMPANY POLICY, ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO BE VACCINATED FOR COVID-19 TO ACCESS GA FACILITIES. CURRENTLY, OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL BE CONDUCTED OVER VIDEO. ALL OFFICES ARE CURRENTLY OPEN, AND OUR EMPLOYEES ARE BACK 4 DAYS A WEEK IN NY AND 3 DAYS A WEEK IN ALL OTHER OFFICES. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ON THIS POLICY, PLEASE CONTACT RECRUITING@GAFG.COM.
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels like they can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. We encourage qualified applicants from all demographics to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.