This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about travel, food and giving back. If you want to gain hands-on experience making a difference in a small nonprofit organization, send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Go Eat Give is an Atlanta based non-profit organization since 2011, that encourages people to learn about different cultures through travel, food and community service. Go Eat Give organizes customized meaningful travels for individuals and groups, cultural awareness events, and an award-winning blog. Our interns have a unique opportunity to network with an international community and learn all aspects of running a non-profit business. Past Go Eat Give have gained valuable experience that led to employment at study abroad programs, nonprofits and international organizations.
Because of Covid-19, we are offering virtual/ remote internship opportunities with a minimum commitment of 20 hours a week for 3 months. You will have set office hours and direct supervision and training via Zoom. Non Atlanta based residents are also encouraged to apply.
Description: Go Eat Give seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This position is responsible for increasing our brand awareness, driving Internet traffic, and implementing social media strategy. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing, while working for international nonprofit organization.
· Research story ideas, conduct interviews. Write, edit and optimize blog posts.
· Generate interest in and promote Go Eat Give’s travel programs.
· Reach out to community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Go Eat Give’s mission about citizen diplomacy.
· Utilize Internet marketing techniques to increase traffic and brand awareness for Go Eat Give.
· Create flyers and visuals as needed. Draft monthly newsletters.
· Assist with website development.
· Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field.
· Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
· Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Word, Excel, Zoom, Skype, internet research).
· An effective communicator, both written and oral.
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Enthusiasm for the mission of Go Eat Give.