This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Green Energy Consumers Alliance is a non-profit agent that enables people to make green energy choices in the most cost-effective, practical and seamless ways possible, and to advocate for energy policies that benefit the greater good. Our energy programs offer New Englanders: Discounts on electric vehicles; Green electricity for homes, offices, and whole communities; Efficient electricity & heating; Advocacy for climate-friendly energy policy.
Internship responsibilities include:
• Provide remote customer service to members and prospective members of our Green Powered green electricity program;
• Administrative tasks – data management and phone and email outreach;
• Assist on Drive Green outreach;
• Draft communications for members and participants;
• Assist with webinars and events;
• Research, as needed, into policies and programs around electric vehicles, heat pumps, grid modernization, and renewables.
• Good written & verbal communication skills;
• Access to a setting that is conducive to providing phone and email customer service remotely (using software provided by Green Energy Consumers);
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to closely follow written procedures;
• Experience in customer service;
• Permanent residency in Massachusetts, OR attending a MA college or university. Your graduation year must be 2021, 2022, 2023, or 2024.
• Familiarity with electric vehicles and renewable energy, with a desire to learn more.
• Familiarity with environmental policy and research, with a desire to learn more.
• Driver’s license.
This 20 – 30 hours per week, 12-week internship will be conducted in hybrid fashion, both remotely and from our office in Boston. The hours can be fulfilled around your schedule, but must be during 9am-6pm M-F. The internship is contingent upon funding from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center.