Collections Information and Access Fellow – Yale Center for British Art
Mentor: Emmanuelle Delmas-Glass, Collections Data Manager, Yale Center for British Art
The Collections Information and Access department of the Yale Center for British Art is responsible for sharing the museum’s art collections with visitors via the museum’s online collections catalog and with cultural institutions at and beyond Yale via web strategies and tools. With more than 2,000 paintings and nearly 60,000 works on paper, the Center’s art collection is the largest and most comprehensive collection of British art outside the United Kingdom.
Working under the mentorship of Collections Information Manager, Emmanuelle Delmas-Glass, the fellow will work on the provenance of the painting collection with the goal to publish it to the museum’s website. The fellow will work independently and in consultation with the Center’s curators and archivists to contribute to the provenance research campaign currently underway at the museum.
- Research the identity of previous owners and their published authority records
- Implement the Center’s provenance house style guide
- Contribute to the recording of provenance entries in the museum’s collections management system
The fellow will gain valuable skills in collection data management, the museum’s information publication process to its online collections catalog, technology, and interdepartmental collaboration. Working alongside curators, this position will also extend the fellow’s research skills.
The fellow will need to be highly organized. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required. A background check will be required.
- September 6, 2021- September 24, 2021: Weekly GPE Info Sessions
- September 26, 2021: Applications deadline (11:59pm ET). Please submit a resume and a cover letter customized to this fellowship
- November 19, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows
- December 13, 2021 – January 14, 2022: New fellows onboarding
- January 18, 2022: Suggested fellowship start date
Note- Positions with limited applicants may have deadlines extended by 3 weeks to October 17, 2021.
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2022 Spring Term
- Stipend: Fellows will receive $1,500 for Spring 2022 fellowships.
- Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.