Faculty Research Management Fellow – Faculty Research Management Services
Mentor: Jacky Fields and Morgan Lavigne, Associate Director, Pre-Award and Associate Director, Post-Award
Under the direction of the Associate Directors of Pre and Post-Award for FRMS, the Graduate Professional Experience Fellowship will provide a look into the life-cycle of grants administration. The fellow will:
- Complete Sponsored Project Administration and IRES Training
- Shadow a Grants Administrator to observe and assist with preparation of proposal documentation, review of documentation to ensure compliance with university, sponsor and federal guidelines, and completion of proposal applications.
- Assist the Associate Director of Post-Award in a partnership agreement audit, ensuring each partner department has a current, signed copy of the partnership agreement.
- Collect data on the difficulty of sponsored projects portfolios to inform a post-award portfolio analysis.
- Other duties and/or small projects as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Proven ability to work within a team.
- September 6, 2021- September 24, 2021: Weekly GPE Info Sessions
- September 26, 2021: Applications deadline (11:59pm ET). Please submit a resume and a cover letter customized to this fellowship
- November 19, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows
- December 13, 2021 – January 14, 2022: New fellows onboarding
- January 18, 2022: Suggested fellowship start date
Note- Positions with limited applicants may have deadlines extended by 3 weeks to October 17, 2021.
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2022 Spring Term
- Stipend: Fellows will receive $1,500 for Spring 2022 fellowships.
- Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.