Outreach Fellow – Office of Gender & Campus Culture, Yale College Dean’s Office
Mentor: Janay M. Garrett, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs YCDO, Director, Office of Gender & Campus Culture
The Office of Gender and Campus Culture is looking for a student who is passionate about academic research and violence prevention as it relates to sexual violence and sexual misconduct. The Office of Gender and Campus Culture (OGCC) houses the CCE program (Communication and Consent Educators Program), which is responsible for leading workshops on sexual misconduct for all Yale undergraduates at the start of, and throughout the academic year. The office blends research and practice in an effort to terraform Yale’s campus culture towards a healthier, safer, more respectful sexual culture.
Duties may include preparing literature reviews or reading lists, tracking down academic articles or texts, building a digital research library/reference library, drafting research proposals, and/or drafting grant proposals.
Ideal candidates will have: excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to use Excel/Word; experience or interest in education and working with undergraduate students; a good sense of humor; and, ability to work in a team. Hours and start/end dates are flexible. Please see our websites and Instagram pages for a peak at what we do with the CCE program and undergraduate students broadly!
Virtual/remote work is a possibility for this fellowship and can be discussed during the interview. Contact Janay with any questions.
- September 6, 2021- September 24, 2021: Weekly GPE Info Sessions
- September 26, 2021: Applications deadline (11:59pm ET). Please submit a resume and a cover letter customized to this fellowship
- November 19, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows
- December 13, 2021 – January 14, 2022: New fellows onboarding
- January 18, 2022: Suggested fellowship start date
Note- Positions with limited applicants may have deadlines extended by 3 weeks to October 17, 2021.
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2022 Spring Term
- Stipend: Fellows will receive $1,500 for Spring 2022 fellowships.
- Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.