Project Management Fellow – Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale
Mentor: Kassie Tucker, Managing Director and the Director of Student Programming
The Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale (Tsai CITY) mission is to inspire students from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to seek innovative ways to solve real-world problems. Launched in 2017, Tsai CITY serves students from across Yale’s campus through programs, funding, and mentoring. We’re building a new kind of innovation center, one rooted in inclusivity where students from all backgrounds tackle issues like climate change and civic engagement, develop creative projects from documentary films to digital platforms, and launch high-growth ventures and movements.
As we are coming up on our center’s five-year anniversary, we are looking for a Fellow to help us design and potentially implement a research project. Our hope is to collect and use data to tell compelling stories about our work and the student innovators we support. Potential fellow tasks include:
Meeting with leadership and collaborators around campus to understand the objective of the project and find resources to support the initiative.
Refining the scope of our project and creating a project timeline and structure.
Creating surveys and/or other data collecting mechanisms, conducting interviews, and researching Tsai CITY alumni.
Other duties as needed.
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- Project management
- Ability to work independently/take initiative
- Strong writing skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Effective team player
- Basic computer/web knowledge
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- September 6, 2021- September 24, 2021: Weekly GPE Info Sessions
- September 26, 2021: Applications deadline (11:59pm ET). Please submit a resume and a cover letter customized to this fellowship
- November 19, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows
- December 13, 2021 – January 14, 2022: New fellows onboarding
- January 18, 2022: Suggested fellowship start date
Note- Positions with limited applicants may have deadlines extended by 3 weeks to October 17, 2021.
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2022 Spring Term
- Stipend: Fellows will receive $1,500 for Spring 2022 fellowships.
- Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.