Strategic Initiatives Fellow – School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS)
Mentor: Sarah Miller, Assistant Dean for Science and Engineering
The SEAS GPE would join an ambitious and nimble office and have the opportunity to learn about various aspects of administration within an engineering school.
In fall of 2021, we expect SEAS will have recently adopted a new strategic plan and will be in its early implementation phases. The graduate fellow would have the opportunity to contribute to one of the many exciting initiatives described in this strategic plan, including entrepreneurship, coordinated grant support, external marketing, and diversity equity inclusion and belonging.
In particular, SEAS will have an increased reliance on data both for internal decision-making and for external transparency. The graduate fellow would have the opportunity to contribute to assembling and presenting key data to help benchmark and advance the school on multiple domains. This would entail working with multiple offices and stakeholders on campus as well as with SEAS faculty and staff.
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- Project management
- Ability to work independently/take initiative
- Strong oral communication skills
- Effective team player
- Basic computer/web knowledge
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- September 6, 2021- September 24, 2021: Weekly GPE Info Sessions
- September 26, 2021: Applications deadline (11:59pm ET). Please submit a resume and a cover letter customized to this fellowship
- November 19, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows
- December 13, 2021 – January 14, 2022: New fellows onboarding
- January 18, 2022: Suggested fellowship start date
Note- Positions with limited applicants may have deadlines extended by 3 weeks to October 17, 2021.
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2022 Spring Term
- Stipend: Fellows will receive $1,500 for Spring 2022 fellowships.
- Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.