User Experience Research Fellow – Assessment & UX Research (AUXR) Department, Yale Library
Mentor: Sarah Tudesco, Program Director of Assessment & UX Research, Yale Library
Yale Library’s Assessment & UX Research (AUXR) Department collaborates with library staff and departments to improve users’ experiences with library spaces, services, and web interfaces.
The UX Research Fellow will use User-experience research methods to produce data and insights to inform the development, deployment, and evaluation of library services. They will assist with work related to web analytics, data processing, statistics, and data visualization, usability evaluation, user testing, and outreach. This work may include but is not limited to
- User Research Project design
- Social media outreach
- Usability testing
- Data collection and processing
- Technical documentation
User Research projects including interviews, surveys, and user testing to explore the effectiveness of the library’s digital experience (e.g. website, digital collections, discovery systems, etc.).
Set up and populate a UX research repository
- Strategic planning and organization
- Project management
- Ability to work independently/take initiative
- Strong writing skills
- Basic computer/web knowledge
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong analytical skills
- September 6, 2021- September 24, 2021: Weekly GPE Info Sessions
- September 26, 2021: Applications deadline (11:59pm ET). Please submit a resume and a cover letter customized to this fellowship
- November 19, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows
- December 13, 2021 – January 14, 2022: New fellows onboarding
- January 18, 2022: Suggested fellowship start date
Note- Positions with limited applicants may have deadlines extended by 3 weeks to October 17, 2021.
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2022 Spring Term
- Stipend: Fellows will receive $1,500 for Spring 2022 fellowships.
- Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.