We are seeking exceptional full-time analysts to join our Investment Banking team in Chicago. The Middle Markets Group is a rapidly growing and critically important strategic initiative for Guggenheim Securities. Analysts will join our highly collaborative team responsible for providing advisory services to private equity firms and middle market corporate clients with a strong emphasis on sell-side advisory engagements. Guggenheim offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small transaction teams on major strategic assignments providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
Analysts play an integral role in transaction execution and new business development—providing critical support on all workstreams. Analysts will benefit from hands-on experience working alongside our Senior Managing Directors, Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, and Associates.
We aspire to continuously refresh and cultivate a culture of Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion. In a client services business like ours, our team members are the product, the service and the offering. We will provide best-in-class Investment Banking training—formal and hands-on—as you develop your professional toolkit: M&A process management, business acumen, financial analysis, data analysis, soft-selling and presentation skills, professional communication (verbal, written and virtual), negotiations, and more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support deal teams in developing, maintaining and using financial models
- Perform financial and valuation analysis such as discounted cash flow analysis, multiple valuation analysis
- Perform company and industry research and gain in-depth understanding of sector trends, client challenges and strategies in order to develop innovative and creative solutions for our clients
- Prepare client presentations and interacting with senior bankers, clients, lawyers and accountants
- Develop an in depth understanding of Investment Banking product and services: Debt, Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions and Restructuring