This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Gulf International Forum (GIF) Leadership Program targets young professionals, recent graduates, and college seniors to enhance their knowledge and research skills about the Gulf region. We founded this program with aims to achieve part of our mission through promoting independent thinking and building awareness of the Gulf. We are an institute that strives to improve understanding of the Gulf region and contribute to the accumulation of knowledge on the Gulf. Therefore, we believe in the importance of connecting with young professionals and students who seek to be involved and informed about the changing status, new challenges and evolving US interests in this region. The Leadership Program is designed to train and encourage students and academic cadres to increase scholarship and research on the Gulf region.
We aim to make this internship experience an important step in preparing future researchers who are interested in Gulf region studies. Our staff will accompany interns to different events meant to help participants develop their knowledge and skills, as well as make meaningful professional connections with scholars who will mentor them in their area of Gulf studies.
Participants in this program are expected to spend an academic semester with GIF in a part-time role. Training schedules and the tasks of interns are intimately related to each component of research, publication, and event coordination. Through this program, we aim to build a network of students and academic professionals who have an interest in leaving their mark on Gulf region studies while promoting GIF’s values and mission.
Purpose of the Leadership Program
- Training and practical hands-on work experience.
- Exposure to the work environment, providing basic skills and understanding of events, planning and research work.
- Opportunity to practice, improve, and evaluate skills, techniques, principles, theories, and knowledge through academic experiences.
- Gain experiences in administration and management, organization and events.
- Make academic classes more meaningful due to the retroactive application of lessons learned from professional experiences.
- Identify and meet individual goals and objectives and increase self-confidence.
- Motivate to work toward greater achievement in the field, or to be the basis of a decision to make a career change.
- Enable new graduates to validate his/her career choice.
Gulf International Forum is offering a training opportunity for distinguished students and graduates. Internship programs are designed to help interns learn about the Gulf region through research/analysis and event planning. A cover letter is required stating why you would like to intern with us and what interests you in Middle East studies, particularly the Gulf region. Interested applicants, please send an updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Assistant Intern
The internship will provide a training opportunity to advance interns research skills by providing assistance and support for the organization’s research and publications initiatives. However, the training opportunity may vary as the organization further develops. Specific training experiences may include, but are not limited to:
- Learn how to monitor news trends on social media and promote organizations in social media.
- Learn home editing skills, developing, and producing print and electronic promotional/informational material for the institute, including, but not limited to the website, press releases, newsletters, reports and other publications.
- Learn how to plan and execute events.
- Learn in other areas of organization based on demand.
- Degree in liberal arts, public policy, political science, or related field.
- Interest in the Gulf and Middle East region required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to proactively multitask and prioritize.