Consumer Tech Software Developer
Intern or Part-Time Start, Class of ’20, ’21, ’22
Node / React or Mobile
E-commerce / Social Marketplace, Software Development
**Please send a resume to email@example.com to apply.
Hamlet is a team with experienced founders, $100K+ of funding and a tech-experienced advisory team from brand name firms. Our product is built and we are generating revenue. You can check out the site at https://hamletlocal.com/ . You will get a full pitch on the space, business strategy, mission and vision while interviewing. The company is for-profit and has a social mission.
• Hands-on technical role: help build new features, iterate on and clean up existing ones and prepare us for operating at greater scale
• You will receive coaching & direction on product and technical work from senior company members and advisors
• Mindset for problem-solving: you want to learn a lot, be resourceful and help find solutions with guidance from the team
• Grow into a position with higher level of ownership on workstreams over time, contribute more to strategic direction over time
• We are building a remote-first company with a presence in San Francisco—use email, Slack, Zoom and similar tools for everyday work from your home or workspace
• Looking for minimum commitment of 5-10 hours per week for 10-20 weeks (100 hours+)
o Hourly rate or equity negotiable (standard structure in place)
o Credits & grants optionable if you are still in school
o Our goal would be to ramp up the commitment & relationship over time
• Attending or recently graduated a top university studying computer science or related degree
• Class of ’20, ’21 or ’22 is an ideal match for the role
• Experience or pursuing work in a technology or product role at a technology company
• We have four available focus areas, we will likely have you focus on one or two:
o Front-End Web (focused on React)
o Back-End (focused on Node.Js)
o iOS Developer
o Android Developer
• Demonstrated interest in technology startups, consumer interest preferred
Some of our core values include:
• AGB (always getting better, lifelong learner): You are always looking to improve yourself, teach and learn from others, give the benefit of the doubt and be a positive teammate.
• Wellbeing: Prioritize your own and others wellness, and win together.
• Collaboration: Prioritize honesty, openness and flatness across our team; open to feedback and challenge assumptions—in the right way and context, with mutual respect.
• Sustainability: Appreciation for sustainability trends and the world around you. Develop an understanding of how our space and what we’re working on can have a positive social impact.