Marketing Intern & Business Operations Intern (Early Stage Startup, Part-Time)
E-commerce / Social Marketplace
**This is a remote part-time position. Feel free to send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Symplicity.
Hamlet is a team with experienced founders, $100K+ of funding and a tech-experienced advisory team from brand name firms. Our product is built and we are generating revenue. You can check out the current version of our site at: www.hamletlocal.com. You will get a full pitch on the space, business strategy, mission and vision while interviewing. The company is for-profit and has a social mission.
• Hands-on role with a fast-growing startup—contribute to marketing campaigns, launching new areas and growing existing ones
• Interact with product & operations to help deliver tailored experiences for customers, manage logistics and customer support
• We have capacity for a more marketing focused role, a more operations focused role or a combination of the two
• You will receive coaching & direction on your work from senior company members and advisors
• Grow into a position with higher level of ownership on workstreams over time, contribute more to strategic direction over time
• We are building a remote-first company with a presence in San Francisco—use email, Slack, Zoom and similar tools for everyday work from your home or workspace
• 5-10 hours per week (similar to a class) is the initial commitment for 10 weeks
o We can offer course credit & have successfully processed student grants in the past
o Equity or cash bonuses negotiable (standard structure in place)
• Attending a top university studying business or liberal arts degree
• Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors will be considered
• Experience or pursuing internship(s) working in a marketing or business role at a tech or digital media company is a plus
• Demonstrated interest in technology startups is a plus, consumer interest preferred
• Mindset for problem-solving: you want to learn a lot, be resourceful and help find solutions with guidance from the team
Some of our core values include:
• AGB (always getting better, lifelong learner): You are always looking to improve yourself, teach and learn from others, give the benefit of the doubt and be a positive teammate.
• Wellbeing: Prioritize your own and others wellness, and win together.
• Collaboration: Prioritize honesty, openness and flatness across our team; open to feedback and challenge assumptions—in the right way and context, with mutual respect.
• Sustainability: Appreciation for sustainability trends and the world around you. Develop an understanding of how our space and what we’re working on can have a positive social impact.