This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Harboring Hearts is a 501c3 organization based in New York City that provides emergency housing, transportation, food and emotional support programming to transplant and cardiac surgery patients and their caregivers. We are looking to expand our team by bringing in a flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, social media savvy intern to help grow our digital presence.
Harboring Hearts works closely with 8 partner hospitals across New York: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Montefiore Medical Center, North Shore University Hospital, Westchester Medical Center & New York University Hospital. We partner directly with social workers to identify patients and families who are experiencing serious hardship during transplant or cardiac surgery treatment and extend support to meet their specific, immediate needs. In April 2021, Harboring Hearts is celebrating 12 years of helping families in New York.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Harboring Hearts’ social media accounts
- Create and meet goals to grow our social media presence
- Engage with followers across all platforms
- Create innovative & interesting social media posts
- Support in creating the Harboring Hearts “digital voice”
- Provide feedback for monthly communication plan
- Share the Harboring Hearts story through engaging stories
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have extensive experience using social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- You are comfortable using Reels and Stories
- You are a team player that thrives off of brainstorming and moving things forward
- You are extremely flexible, adaptable and self motivated
- You believe in the mission of Harboring Hearts