Harding Loevner is seeking a Business Analyst to join its Product Management team in a newly created role. This team provides business reporting, tools, and analysis to senior management, driving strategic decisions and efficiency throughout the firm. The position is based in Bridgewater, NJ.
Candidates should have a keen analytical mind grounded in the tenets of good data and process management. Project assignments will often be open-ended and unstructured, requiring independent research and creative thought to solve. Accordingly, candidates should be flexible, open-minded, and relentlessly curious about how things work. The Business Analyst will be encouraged to innovate and challenge traditional practices with thoughtful and supported assertions from the start.
The role presents a unique opportunity for any data-driven self-starter to gain a high degree of responsibility and to make an impactful contribution to the firm. The position will yield a broad-based exposure to the firm’s operations, and the Business Analyst will work across departments and directly interact with senior management.
Specifically, the Business Analyst will:
• Support business analysis and reporting through CRM administration; engineer and enhance its design.
• Establish defined procedures, workflows, and governance framework around CRM data maintenance, quality, and reporting.
• Create and maintain product comparisons against main competitors and present observations to client-facing colleagues.
• Manage vendor relationships associated with CRM and business analysis tools.
• Perform ad-hoc research and analysis to support overall business initiatives and reporting projects.
• Become a subject matter expert in the business processes that he/she supports.
• Modernize business processes to empower employees and optimize resource allocation.
• 2-3 years of experience in financial services
• Clear interest in and knowledge of asset management industry
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, analytics, or another related field
• Familiarity with Salesforce
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Data manipulation, workflow, and visualization skills (e.g. programming query experience)
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• A strong process orientation with significant attention to detail
• A track record balancing a multitude of projects simultaneously
• Ability to engage resources outside of their direct control to achieve objectives
• A compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, an annual bonus plan based on firm and personal performance and a remunerative long-term incentive plan
• Comprehensive benefits package