A Portfolio Management Associate (PMA) works as part of a group responsible for supporting the investment team to implement portfolio decisions and manage client portfolios. The firm’s global client base includes leading global investment institutions, sovereign wealth funds, major foundations, endowments, pension plans, private family offices, and individuals. The work of a PMA allows an individual to understand investment decision making, create trades, and connect with clients and their intermediaries on a variety of operational and relationship management tasks. The position provides exposure to many aspects of the investment management business, including compliance and risk analysis, data analysis, relationship management, and presentation and communication projects. The exposure gained through the role provides a PMA an opportunity to develop subject matter expertise and lead his or her peers in various areas of interest.
The PMA role will appeal to candidates who have a desire to participate in client-facing interactions, collaborate on projects where leadership opportunities are common, apply critical thinking to solve complex problems, and work alongside upper management on daily tasks and special projects.
• Take ownership of client relationships. Support client needs on a daily basis, including responding to investment and operational-related inquiries.
• Create trades for accounts/strategies as directed by Portfolio Managers or clients and become an expert user of the firm’s trading system and compliance module.
• Master risk control for client portfolios.
• Participate in client meetings, working with colleagues to prepare materials and coordinate presentations.
• Manage client custom reporting, including investment commentary.
This role is best suited for candidates who have:
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong interest in investment management
• Up to three years of experience
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Interest in pursuing the CFA designation
• A compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, an annual cash bonus based on individual performance, and a remunerative long-term incentive plan
• Comprehensive benefits package