Harraden Circle Investments, LLC
New York, NY/Remote
Who We Are
Harraden Circle Investments’ mission is to serve charitable organizations and institutional private investors through asset management and growth. Our investment vehicle was created in 2017 and our three-year returns ranks within the top 5% of all hedge funds tracked by the leading financial consulting firm to endowments and foundations.
We are looking for candidates who are naturally curious and enjoy academic research and detective work. No previous financial experience is required, only demonstrable academic success and independent thinking. We are looking for creative people who take pride in their work and enjoy the competitive challenge of generating strong investment performance.
Our primary strategy is focused on conducting intensive fundamental research on SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) securities, deals, and target businesses. This investment area is rife with inefficiency and our goal is to determine when market participants are mispricing individual securities by conducting both deep quantitative and qualitative research.
Candidates will work directly with the CIO in an entrepreneurial environment. The primary task will be to think up new and creative ways to monitor and profit from the SPAC investment area. This may include back testing various ideas, strategies, and investment theories in concert with the CIO.
Ongoing responsibilities will include:
· Tracking and studying SPAC offerings, terms and teams
· Maintaining databases and back-testing investment approaches
· Researching private companies that are coming public through SPACs
· Reading filings, transcripts, presentations, and industry reports
· Developing financial models and exhibits in excel
· Scouring online resources (LinkedIn, Reddit / Twitter, etc.) for due diligence purposes
Successful candidates have a natural curiosity, enjoy learning, and take pride in their work. The internship is open to students of all majors.
We are looking for the following:
· Excellent academic credentials with a solid GPA
· Self-motivation and desire to learn independently
· Thoroughness and strong attention to detail
· Strong analytical thinking skills
Candidates may be either undergraduate or graduate students. The internship is paid with flexible hours available during the school year, vacations and potentially over the summer. Prospective applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org