**Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, don’t wait until the deadline to apply**
Harvard Business School is seeking an ambitious, strategic, and creative Senior Researcher, Project Manager for the HBS Business & Climate Change podcast (Climate Rising). Guided by the faculty host, the Senior Researcher, Project Manager will conduct research to identify podcast topics and guests, develop detailed background notes to prepare the host, and to manage the interview, production and marketing processes associated with episode development. The role includes substantial project management to maintain high production value throughout the content creation process, from conceptualization through publishing and marketing.
Research and Content Creation (60%)
- With the host, research and identify a portfolio of podcast topics and potential guests.
- Develop background research materials and a preliminary set of interview questions to enable the host to prepare efficiently and effectively.
- During interviews, listen to conversation and feed additional questions to the host as needed.
- Develop intro and outro scripts for the host.
- Develop episodes’ descriptions, titles, and show notes.
Project Management (30%)
- Serve as the project manager to ensure efficient coordination and content production, including managing the audio production process, overseeing timelines and calendars, transferring of audio assets between editors, and reviewing and publishing podcast episodes.
- Manage external partners including the audio editor, marketing partners, and guests.
- Manage interview scheduling and the recording equipment, recording studio reservations, and ensuring availability of sound engineers for interview recording and timely turnaround of edits.
- With the host, manage an efficient and effective editing process.
- Manage approval process from guests and host.
- Coordinate with marketing partners to market each episode on social media and other platforms, and monitor effectiveness.
- Maintain podcast website and social media presence.
Apply online now or visit Harvard Careers and search for req#54355BR.
This position is 20 hours/week.
This position reports directly to a faculty supervisor and to the administrative manager in the Research Staff Services office.
This position can be a staff position based on the HBS campus in Boston, MA when the office reopens (working remote until then) or as a fully remote contractor based anywhere within the United States.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this opportunity