The Havenly Fellowship is at the core of what we do. Through our food business, we offer a 6-month training program that combines work experience with an extensive curriculum including English as a Second Language, Information, Advocacy, Job Readiness, Food Safety, Financial Literacy, and Digital Literacy.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated and creative intern who deeply understands our mission to support our Fellowship Director with curriculum development, lesson planning, and community partnerships. Specially, they will:
- Plan and develop lessons across our subject matter;
- Conduct research on curriculum subject matter and most up to date teaching techniques;
- Identify partnership opportunities to support our fellows and connect them to crucial services;
- Translate our lesson plans or create opportunities for translation.
Preference for candidates with:
- Lived experience;
- Fluency in Spanish or Arabic;
- BA/MA/studying education, ESL, racial or ethnic studies, anthropology, political science, law or related areas of study.
- Experience teaching ESL, developing curriculum, and/or providing direct services to refugees and immigrants;
- Excellent writing skills.