As a non-profit, fund development and fundraising is absolutely crucial to our success. We have a base of 1000+ donors and a track record of support from grants and foundations. We are seeking an experienced, dedicated and creative intern to support our Executive Director with donor engagement, fundraising, and grant applications.
You will carry out the following:
- Create and maintain infrastructure for donor engagement and cultivation (thank you cards, donor events, etc.);
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand our donor base;
- Research, write and apply to national and local grants;
- Create materials explaining our impact and strategy.
Preference for candidates with:
- BA/MA/studying business, English, political science, Ethnicity and Race studies, economics, or similar programs;
- Experience in fundraising, grant writing sales or customer service;
- Proficiency in Adobe, Canva, donor CRM software;
- Excellent communication and writing skills.